Saturday, July 5, 2014

Indra Mooyi: Women can't have it all

What women only? It is all of us except the luck few who had it fell on their lap. That's why it is luck.


I forwarded this as an article to my ex boss yesterday. No problem, she admitted she was very lucky but I was pointing out to her so many women high fliers espousing the lie that women can have it all.

Yahoo put up the story this morning. I went to YouTube to find one I can embed but got far more than I was looking for. I can't have it all, I am not going to be able to sit through almost half an hour of this. I stopped  a little beyond 5 minutes, the bit where she told the story how she became President and Board member of Pepsico.

I couldn't even in a hurry complete this post on a Saturday morning without a child interrupting. I put down everything for them when they call. Yeah, my parents rarely do that for me but I have reordered my priorities better than they had for my siblings and me. The kids are more important than say a less clean house. Career sacrifice? It is huge when you have a special needs kid because you have lost flexibility and often you can't have someone take your place.

I was told Indra Mooyi was all over US TV yesterday. That's for bursting a huge big bubble or more aptly lie.

Update: 10:30am

Two mornings ago, as usual I had to wake my daughter up for school, I told her I had figured out why the answer was 20/7. Simply it can be seen as adding two vectors 2 + 6/7 which her elder sister and I had helped solved for a badly formed question the night before. The answer had came to me as I was on the verge of getting out of bed at 5 in the morning. Dumb question I told her for I would have given her solution straight away. The question had failed to specify the point of reference. Where the hell did it want the observer to be? I decided it must have been referring to observing the motion from the lamp post.

And last night whilst shopping at Uniqlo we were discussing Electonegativity and various problems from Chemistry.....


No comments:

Post a Comment