Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Dinner that never was

After 25 to 30 years, I finally met my old teacher. She is special to me because she had introduced to me the Way when I was in Secondary One. The date was July 21, a Monday morning. Location was St. Matthews Church along Neil Road.

She was hoping to meet with us again last night for dinner. Wifey and I remembered that it wasn't a confirmed date, and I was surprised she called our room after we returned very tired from Union Square. We were supposed to call her earlier that day if it was on. It was our last chance to ride the famed SF Cable Car and the chance to run some errands for the family back home.

I think she missed visitors from Singapore. God willing, we will try to meet up with her again before we return home. Perhaps when we are at our last stop in Pacifica.

No thanks to my kids, especially the elder one, who had been acting up. I finally called her bluff and gave her a tongue lashing last night. None of us is spared this. Since the time of  Eve, there is treason in our hearts. You only need to look for it in the dark corners.

10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said, “No, don’t worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers and sisters[a] who testify about their faith in Jesus. Worship only God. For the essence of prophecy is to give a clear witness for Jesus.[b]


That was the Apostle John's behavior as recorded in Revelation 19. After all that he had seen! None of us is able to do better than John. Amazing Grace, we don't know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment