Tuesday, September 12, 2017

#NotMYPresident

Others have said far more than I wanted to say, so there is no need to repeat them here. Mostly I agree with Bertha Henson's PE2017: Mad at the G.

It was easy not to meet Tony Tan when he was president and it would be as easy to avoid Halimah Yacob as well. I can't do anything about her ridiculously high pay but I can try my best to pay as little taxes as possible. This is a small thing, my worries are over the future of this vulnerable little red dot especially the future of my children and their generation.

I don't know much about the former Jakarta governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama aka "Ahok" but I certainly respect him much more than any of our leaders. His former boss President Jokowi is also a good man but serving under very difficult conditions.

Every person has its price and I guess we have discovered what is the price of  Halimah Yacob. It is not more than $4 million and $24 million if she behaves well.

Plenty of moral hazard in Singapore and it has gone all the way to the highest office of the land. The PAP presents their kelong president. Yet another act of coup de grĂ¢ce by them. How do you govern Singapore successfully without moral authority and a bankrupt political capital account?

The silent brain drain will get more furious. Those who remain will again be tempted to protest with their vote and that is dangerous brinkmanship in the next GE.

No comments:

Post a Comment