Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Boom and Bust in personal road transport


Saw this early this morning and Whatsapp an old friend about it:

About a month or so ago, I shocked to see so many cars drove up to the foyer at Jcube who were Uber or Grab hires. This morning ST report helps to quantify their presence. At the personal level how is this affecting you?


Crazy. Looks like they grossly over expanded. Drivers are going to suffer. Commuters short term joy could turn into tears later. They have brought the logic of boom and bust to this segment of the transport market.

We are no good at doing road transport here isn't it? We keep trying. Sometimes we succeed but the success doesn't last long. 

Meanwhile I just got a response from my friend: "Honestly I don't bother"

And my response: "I like your attitude! Take care as competition looks fierce."


No comments:

Post a Comment