Thursday, December 22, 2016

Desiring God: Forget about giving

I can't remember how many years I have checked if they accept Paypal. One year I wrote them asking them to but they said no without explaining that they have full confidence in their payment system.

I am sure they are getting all the donations they need. Even if I am wrong, it wouldn't matter until they are willing to accept Paypal or at least some gift cards.

Yep, I don't trust their security. Nothing to suggest they understand that well enough.

Over the last few years I had many IT professional friends with their email accounts compromised. I know because out of the blue I get some out of character email from them. I told them they must have used the same password for all sorts of less secure websites. There is a deplorable disregard for security out there. I believe it is getting better but I think we have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment