Thursday, June 12, 2014

Defamation: Remember Chiam sued and won

When the PM claimed in parliament that PAP ministers and MP are people of integrity and beyond reproach, I had my doubts thinking only with my gut. I couldn't come up with any examples to the contrary but I vaguely recall if I mine my blog there would be evidence.

Older and more experience people have counseled me for as long as I could remember that there is no such thing as a clean politician. I believe I have a YouTube clip in a post here from the movie, "Lincoln" which Honest Abe lied about a Confederate peace party in town to talk peace. Abraham Lincoln had deceived Congress in order that they would pass the amendment to free the slaves.

I can't stand hypocrites. Never cut them any slack. And of all PAP stalwarts Dhanablan had a solid reputation for integrity. Well that bubble is burst for me. Who among the men in white fond or nurturing a reputation as whiter than white could wash whiter than Dhana?

Indeed politicians can be as good as honest but living in integrity beyond reproach? Even saints and archangels couldn't if they have to do a political leader job. Well what is new? The PAP leaders are always over selling themselves and this pattern had caused a more informed and questioning electorate to lose trust in them.

OK, I managed to find the post Lincoln misrepresented his knowledge, not on YouTube but Vimeo.


Update: 11:05am

More convenient to just reproduce the Vimeo clip here.




Update: 11:15am

I don't care what others think but this fellow have give me the impression as PAP's attack dog in and outside parliament. A person in such a role better not be guilty of hypocrisy or surely lose all credibility.

Thanks to Andrew Loh who had put together the latest evidence. Folks like me would never do this because we are just too busy with other things.

The PAP behavior is taking us down the path of politics like elsewhere. They only know how to behave when there are no opposition in parliament but we can't allow them that because experience proved that they would abuse their position to take us for granted.

Link to Andrew's article at TOC.


No comments:

Post a Comment