Friday, May 2, 2014

Embarrassed about Labour Day


Just saw this on my Facebook. If she hadn't written this, I wouldn't have the energy or motivation for this post.

We were having early lunch yesterday when twitter informed me the PM is coming on with his speech at the Devan Nair institute. I was completely uninterested.

I am just glad Bertha Henson has written this which I believe must reflect the feelings of many. That is why it is now May Day and not Labour Day or it would be so embarrassing. It is hardly a day for celebrating labour because it is getting more and more bitter.

How many people think the PAP is tired of governing? I heard on radio he had talked about others wanting our lunch. What about his lunch? They have so many ways to keep us on our toes. To make it fair, we must also do the same to them otherwise we will be destined to "eat bitterness" in order that their job of governing is made easier.

The government working in fear of losing more votes is trying harder than ever but they have not succeeded at getting bosses to do their part. They do not know how. Government and people we all work for the owners of capital now but they are clueless how the risk of capital destruction keeps rising. Owners of capital enjoy a huge knowledge arbitrage against government and people. Except for the real estate sector and the nameless small businesses, the government is afraid to upset them.

Why am I complaining? I am not even part of the labour fraternity but I just buay song seeing all these happening.


1 comment:

  1. And what's the use of getting people to work up to an older age when they pay peanuts for changing the diapers of emperors and empresses in the new work-place? Besides, not getting the CPF funds any earlier. A sad case the labourer has been much neglected, if not abused

    ReplyDelete