Sunday, November 3, 2013

GOV websites under 'maintenance'


IDA wasn't willing to admit as much, but I thought many government websites that we down for maintenance yesterday were just using that as a cloak to harden vulnerable sites against hackers' attack.

ICA is up but the main GOV.SG is still not available. I am not bothering to check which ones are back online.

Update: 7:25pm

This just noticed this on my Facebook wall as a sponsored page, i.e., Calvin Cheng whom I believe was a former NMP paid for his message to go out.

I looked up Alex Au's post on this subject quickly. He is a good writer but in this instance I felt he was rambling. I don't really know what he wants but I always felt he will continue to land himself in a pickle one time or another. That's his choice.

My attitude is quite simple. The government must secure its sites and keep their ecommerce sites available.


Update: Nov 4, 4:45am

Now Australia's turn. 





No comments:

Post a Comment