Monday, July 15, 2013

Making Recycling Difficult

I don't know how they do it in Taiwan and Japan, but I have lived with a family in Australia and it was very convenient for the Aussies.

I prefer the system by Sembawang Waste anytime. I think all my neighbors too judging by the way we had participated.

Ever since Veolia took over I had asked some of me neighbors what they are doing about their recyclables They were reticent even after I told them that I now throw the plastic bottles and aluminium cans down the chute. Why be so coy about it? "Dare to do, dare to say"

If only Veolia had provided me similar plastic bags to use like Sembawang Waste had, I might still play along.

The garang guni man is doing much better business now. I even went out of my way to find him and brought him to my place to pick up the old newspapers. Now if he is willing to supply me the bags for my plastic bottles and drink cans, I would gladly do my part.

I don't know how NEA decided to award this contract to Veolia over the previous incumbent. May be on price eh? If so, it is a loser because Veolia has more than double the bins but they now look too clean and unused.


No comments:

Post a Comment