Monday, June 10, 2013

Hawker's big(-hearted) portions to NSmen


I love this story. To me this is true power, the sort even the powerful government do not possess. It is just extra special when a citizen does something like this. Previously I only had an American example and I would remember that forever.

I hope to see more of such and I know we must give ourselves enough time for them to grow. Help from the government doesn't have the same sweetness and power as sharing and giving among ourselves.

Not many of them make it to the media but I hope ST would be more predisposed to sharing them. May be Yahoo can offer some competition here. After all for only $50K you have been elevated to the high table.

Update: 8:15pm

I didn't have the time to complete the above post earlier. Continuing now.

I think the economic and labor policies of this government had created greater economic insecurity among the people making it harder for more people like Mr. Tan Bee Seng. Only exceptional people are still able to give when they have little or are insecure themselves.

Look at what the concentration of wealth had given us? Who doesn't know we have the highest density of millionaire households in the world?


















What ESM Goh said is true but also wishful. After we have prioritize the economy at the top, most other priorities no longer get the attention they deserve.


No comments:

Post a Comment