Saturday, May 18, 2013

Star Trek: Into Darkness

Caught Star Trek: Into Darkness on its opening on Thursday at Cathay Grand. ANZ paid for it with a simple dinner thrown in :-)

We thoroughly enjoyed the show but the dialogue was hard to follow. Like the Transformers series, the pace was simply too fast. It helps if you are a trekkie or more appropriately but less used trekker. I think quite a few will buy tickets to see it more than once. My sis is already planning to do that in an IMAX setting. We saw twice the 2009 movie. The first time in Dubai and when we moved back to Singapore shortly after.

JJ Abrams is the master of recreating old Scifi movies. I noticed how he had adroitly combined, update and extend the ideas from the best of previous Star Trek feature films. Along the way he picked up new fans for the franchise. On hindsight it was no surprised he brought back Khan. I am optimistic he will do an excellent job with the next Star Wars movie Disney has entrusted him to do.

2 comments:

  1. Reference to your article dated 5 May 2013 titled: Malaysian voter Chua Lai Fatt, the Star Online today (18 May 2013) reported that DAP Ong Kian Ming wanted to apologize to him and his family for accusing him a foreign voter. Actually, Ong Kian Ming should also apologize for misleading everyone and being such a racist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I have reposted your comment to the right blog post. Typically I do not respond to comments since I am just blogging for myself but I believe it is only right to make an exception here.

      Delete