Friday, May 17, 2013

Malaysian Corruption: Paul Low to help with form not substance

I think this unconventional appointment of a Minister in the PMO to fight corruption would have limited success. I hope to find myself mistaken and wrong in a few years time. We shall see.

I think Najib neither believe or want to have a clean government. They need the money from those corrupt sources. Paul Low is probably used for their political ends. In democratic politics this is just another of the usual form and no substance strategy, which even our government is slowly drifting toward.

Less powerful corrupt officials should watch their backs. Some will be made examples of. The smart ones if they haven't already should find some powerful godfathers to protect them. There is a lot you can learn from how they do it in China.

Who know why Paul Low accepted the job. Until today I don't even know there is a TI office in Malaysia. I can think of the common and usual reasons but that would not be nice to mention. They are not law breaking and I am using this to hint to myself when I return to read this.

Guess I have a lot to learn about Malaysia. I can't decide if and when they need to provide additional security for Paul Low. You don't want someone to drive up alongside his car and pump a few bullets into him right? He must surely face such risks if he is empowered to clean shop meaningfully.

What a horrible choice. Either dead or a lame duck with a tarnished reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment