Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hotter this year?

I stitched these three photos together using PhotoBooth on my S3. More convenient than using a desktop app.

I can't find any earlier blog entries about our uncomfortably hot weather which I can check with. This will be the first and perhaps I shall come back to compare against next year.

We usually turn on the aircon when the mercury (I don't see it) hits 29C. Last night was a most uncomfortable 30.3C. My neighbor was complaining about feeling like being in an oven at home while chatting with me in the elevator. I asked if she thought this year is warmer than last. Emphatically yes, she responded. I told her that's not true according to the NEA and she shot back that they were lying. I think this one is not a PAP supporter.

I don't believe the NEA lied just as I didn't think the US government lied about unemployment numbers when Obama and McCain were fighting to occupy the White House. To me is our personal the failure to make the data meaningful and taking my own home temperature is just the right thing to do and later make meaningful comparison.

Looks like we didn't start this morning that well either. It was 30C and I bet higher now. The weather man says not to look forward to a cool respite today.

No comments:

Post a Comment