Monday, May 20, 2013

Car Problems

These are the moments when having a car is a real chore. Fortunately they are quite rare and so I shouldn't be complaining.

This is my fourth visit since the regular maintenance service last Wednesday. Awful use of time. The car goes boogie at around 90 km/h and performed beautifully beyond 100 km/h.

I have some ideas what might have gone wrong but I kept my own counsel after insisting in my third visit that they work on the wheels which didn't solve the problem.

I hold them responsible because the vehicle was working fine before servicing but it could very well be no fault of theirs but a coincidence that the problem surfaces now.

Update:  8:45pm

So much easier to put up a photo to tell the story what had to be done. Need to bring the car back again to fix the drive shaft. I am still amazed how these parts could wear out so quickly especially when the car is not that old.

















Update: May 21

This is the first time my car that had to left in the workshop overnight. At least we found the cause of the problem.

They tried every means to open this up without success. I don't know what new tricks they have tomorrow. What if we just have to buy a new piece? The hidden costs of motoring. If this had happened last year, the warranty would have covered this. Just the luck of the draw eh?

Thanks to the service adviser who took and sent this pic to me.


Update May 22

Problem finally nixed. Could have been a lot more expensive. They gave me maximum discount and charged me only $100 for labor.

This was a freak. The car is too new to have all these oxidation problems. I think the metals for my car was perhaps off spec and also the tropical environment wasn't helpful.

Now the car performs like new!

No comments:

Post a Comment