Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Benedict vs Francis

An old schoolmate shared this. As far as I know, he has given up on the Christian faith, may be not completely, but note what he said.

I have tried to imitate Francis for a very long time with little success. Amazingly just because I tried I have enjoyed much success. Faith is always paradoxical.

The imitation has brought me much freedom and peace financially and morally. It has encouraged me to go further; to understand winning by losing or waiting. It has given me a radar to pick out the religious crap especially the Christian ones out there.

John Maynard Keynes oft quoted remark about us being unknowing slaves to dead men ideas, but here we are talking about him who lives. He is more than ideas and stories left behind in a book. Today that book has become a means to control God. Kong Hee and friends are getting court time right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment