Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tissue Paper with a story

I am delighted to come across this always smiling chap pushing himself in his wheelchair today. I have been on the look out for him for months. So when I saw him today I gave him a big one for a packet of tissues. Bigger than what I had given him for each of the last four packets.

I will remember for a long time, put that for a lifetime, the sight of him barreling down the three lane busy street facing the traffic in a wheelchair - hand pushed, no electric motor. I was driving when I spotted him. Quite dangerous but he also wore the most determined look.

It is a little early but in my heart I wish him Happy Chinese New Year.


Update: May 30 1:40pm

Guess what? Surprise of surprises! I bumped into the guy who was supposedly on a wheelchair and he could walk as well as anyone! So I have been conned.

I had stopped supporting him since February or March this year when I spotted him smoking.

I must admit he put a really good act. He has been quite successful.

1 comment:

  1. that's so sweet. =)

    usually I would buy from someone who looks like a local Singaporean...and I'm wary of others because the news has reported syndicates who are organized, and the seller does not get 100% of the sales.

    ReplyDelete