Saturday, January 19, 2013

Part 2: Ps Khong ambushed ESM Goh on LGBT

Again I was up at 4 am this morning. Not a problem as there is always plenty to do and didn't manage to look at my mail until just now. I discovered this from my friend in Bangkok. I have also found a more presentable version at a Catholic site.


My Protestant heritage isn't friendly to such a story. I can imagine the disapproving look from my pastors about the risk of a rosary turning into a device for idolatry already. What to do? But suddenly an idea appears in my mind from seemingly nowhere (those of us who are spiritually sympathetic like to suggest that it is from the Spirit of God): Paul's handkerchiefs were somewhat used like Mother Teresa's rosary too. See Acts 19:11-12 (of course I needed Google to help me pinpoint the location in the NT)

Now I quote myself  from an earlier post:

So regardless of which camp you belong, don't tell me what the Bible say until you live it.

Pastors parrying each other with their Bible knowledge gets us nowhere but living those words of scripture as in this vignette from Mother Teresa and the Apostle Paul will cause you to see and think differently. Then you will know the Spirit of Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment