Monday, December 3, 2012

Microsoft: How to irritate your customers

After living with this so often, I decided it is worth remembering as some totally inappropriate way to advertise your product.

When I am at AsiaOne, I want to read the news. You may advertise but I want to have that option to ignore those commercial messages. This is not clever. Did no favor for Microsoft. Only reinforce their reputation as a bully.

Windows 8? I am just uninterested. So are many people I know. When will we get Windows 8? Well when we are bullied into it, like when we buy a new PC.

Windows 8 was never made for the consumer. It was Microsoft effort to catch up with the competition. It is all about Microsoft. It is not about customers. They are getting away with it because they are a hegemon. Ah, they are also being subverted and that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment