Monday, June 4, 2012

It's Hard


In the background is the latest poem (It's hard) which my daughter put up last night. In the foreground I am installing the Android SDK. Java SDK is done, next is the Eclipse IDE. I wonder if it would be very hard work as I climb the mountain of developing Android apps. The fun in software development left me long ago but I hope to rediscover it. My mind doubts but emotionally I am looking forward to it. First thing this morning, I have reconnected my old PC and setting up the system. I thought better use the old machine in case it messes up my new one.

Now school work is no fun for my children and my elder girl is especially articulate about it. We do not incentivize them with prizes or trophies to do well in school. In fact they are not encouraged to compete against others. They have to work by faith and that is very hard. Our hearts are  not ready and there are many lessons we have to learn the hard way and many of them will scare parents and some of them might end tragically, which fortunately is rare. Many could leave life long scars like Jacob limped after a night of struggling with the mysterious man. He was none other than God himself. Words wouldn't do, examples often are distantly relevant. There must be a fight, learning with the whole being. There are no convictions without struggle.

2 comments:

  1. download the SDK. set the path to %SDK%\platform-tools and %SDK%\tools, and get eclipse indigo with ADT. The ADT version is pretty integrated with the SDK so you can build your app with ease. it also helps if you are using an android phone, just connect to development pc and turn on usb debugging. Eclipse can compile, push and debug the app from the ide itself, minimal commandline required.

    ReplyDelete