Sunday, October 23, 2011

A comment then the purchase of 'Happiness' by Lord Layard



Just bought this as a Kindle book for US$ 3.99. I am buying it now because the price might jump later. I had experienced it twice already. Of course there were more than two times I bought a Kindle book and the price fell afterward.

Thanks to an anonymous comment left on my blog entry, "Happiness: Bhutan vs Singapore" I became aware of this very provocative book.

I have been rewarded again and again from the intelligence and helpfulness of the comments people have left for me even if as a rule I never reply directly to them. It is good to be open. It is even better to grow that openness.

4 comments:

  1. You're welcomed ;-)

    And if you have more interests, research what UK has started embarking on its National What Matters Most program, that link policies outcome with the Citizen happiness Index.

    http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/search/index.html?newquery=happiness+index

    I challenged the PAP govt to do likewise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is very beautiful and nice site.This is a great article to remind all bloggers . What is happiness? Asking someone to define happiness is like asking him/her to define success. Happiness can mean a lot of different things, and the definition may vary from one person to another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is very beautiful and nice site.This is a great article to remind all bloggers .this is a very great and nice article. What is happiness? Asking someone to define happiness is like asking him/her to define success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiness comes to them who opens their door for small treats that life provides to them. So be happy and live longer!

    ReplyDelete