Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thumbs down for Christopher De Souza

My MP! In this speech, I hear a shallow thinker, knows little about Economics and yet want to speak on it,  reminding me of his stupid remark of calling GST a progressive tax. To his credit his "England is not bad" and is immediately clear, better than mine. I rather you know what you are talking about than displaying language skills. You can't even get to the heart of the issue.

I had started writing this before allowing him to finish. I am glad I didn't give up on him too soon because toward the end of the speech he gave a very meaningful story which he was personally involved. I hope he has many such stories but please Mr. De Souza, don't discuss Economics until you have done your homework. You either didn't understand Tan Jee Say's plan or were putting ideas into the plan he never suggested. That bit of your speech, you wasted your listeners' time. Finally don't ignore email from a resident stationed overseas asking you for help. All sorts of people need help, not just this story you shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment