Monday, March 28, 2011

Gary Thomas: Sacred Marriage

I have given away a few copies of this book over the past two or three years. The results as far as I can tell has been disappointing. People mostly don't want to pursue holiness. Without being conscious of it, in a rich country, they are confident they can create a semblance of heaven and achieve happiness here. And no point telling them this: they are in denial.

This book first came to my notice when  pastor I have befriended on Facebook shared it. Then I found it at Bethesda Bookstore. The price was good and I bought several copies to give away.

At the right time and certainly before they have boy friends, this is a book I would highly recommend to my daughters. But for those who do not love the Lord or at least pretend to be: you don't know until there is a crisis, it is a waste of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment