Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blogging about schools

I had just blogged about the monster school system (it is probably the same or worse the world over) because of two events. A few pages I read from "Lee Kuan Yew Hard Truths" about the trial of educating his Albino and Asperger's grandson, and my recent exchange of emails with a school principal. 

I left many low hanging fruits for the principal to pick up, but alas like the majority of the principals and teachers here, they were not responding to as people called to the lofty orders of the education of our youths but just a career and for too many devolved into a job. 

I should have known better given the trials of my girl when she was in Sec One but after a few years, it is good to check again. It is good to be wrong about such things. I always remember what the radio-oncologist told us about my late mom. He wished he was wrong about every case of GBM but he also know that nearly all the time he would be right. That is the right attitude. I can still vividly recall how empathic he had been speaking to my mom in Teochew. A rare doctor. 

We do not write off anyone. 

Meanwhile I am excited that my elder daughter have found an exceptional teacher and we are going to nominate him for the PAT award this year. I am happy I got the principal's support too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment